The Load ACA file option in the Cash Application program is available using the More Menu Button on the Standard Toolbar.
The Load ACA file option allows you to import an ACA or Automated Cash Application file which contains the details for a specific customer payment. The information from the input file is used to load the Cashap program with the invoices being paid by the customer and the payment amounts for each invoice.
To use the ACA option, the operator
1. Selects the Cash Application program from the AR Operations Menu.
2. Selects the customer for whom the payment is to be processed, and then enters the check number and payment amount for the payment into the Cash Application program.
3. Selects the Load ACA file option from the More Menu in the Cash Application program. At this point, a Windows file selection utility will be displayed and can be used to locate the appropriate file (this file should be a properly formatted csv file).
4. Once the file is selected, the system loads the appropriate invoices and payment amounts into the browse or lower section of the Cash Application program, and it updates the To Apply amount in the program based on the payment detail. An error file will be displayed to notify the operator of any short pay situations or any other situations where the system is unable to process the indicated payment (due to the invoice being closed, or open for less than the payment amount).
5. Edits the payment information. Once the ACA file information has been loaded, you may edit the displayed payment information as required. You may also add comments, create invoice documents, and write off small invoice balances prior to saving the transaction.
6. Saves the transaction. When the operator has finished making any required changes to the payment information and has verified the To Apply Amount in the program is 0, the operator may Save the transaction. When the Save key is pressed the normal updates made by the Cash Application program are performed by the system.
The ACA file is used only for setting the payment amounts in the program prior to saving the transaction.
ACA File Format
The file format for the ACA input file should be a CSV file with the following segments on each line or row in the file.
The currency field is optional and can be omitted.