1. Confirm that the General Ledger, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable systems have been installed and configured properly. Bank records are created by the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable Systems, and Bank records are posted to the General Ledger system. The Bank system should not be installed or used to process transactions until these other systems are in place.
2. Install the Bank programs and data files. This step is generally performed at the same time that the other data files and applications in the system are installed.
3. Set the Bank System Parameters
4. Assign the appropriate autopost numbers to the general ledger cash accounts in which you will be processing bank transactions.
5. Set up any required Gencode Tables. Gencode or Generic Code Tables are used in the Bank System to determine and control the types of miscellaneous deposits and charges that can be processed.
6. Verify that the Bank System Taxcode information has been set up as needed. In some cases, you may need to track tax information for miscellaneous bank charges. If so, this information (the appropriate Taxcode) should also be loaded into the Generic Code Table.
7. Verify that any converted bank information (information imported from another system) has been created and checked as required.