This procedure allows you to manually load the invoice numbers and dollar amounts of all open invoices for all customers at the time the AR module is first brought on line. This procedure is not used when the data from the old system is programmatically converted and loaded into the Stream II system. This procedure should be coordinated with the entry of the beginning GL balances since the invoices that you create using this method are not posted to the Stream II general ledger (the invoices are being transferred from another system and therefore should be included in the beginning GL balances from the old system.). To enter beginning balance AR invoices you should perform the following steps.
1. Obtain the final version of the Accounts Receivable Aging from your old system and verify that the aging total matches the general ledger accounts receivable control account total (or totals). If the aging and the general ledger amount do not agree, the difference should be resolved before loading the information into the new system as the beginning aging and GL amounts in Stream II should agree at system startup.
2. Select the Enter AR Beginning Balances program from the menu (normally this program is located on a system maintenance or utility menu as it is only used for conversion purposes).
3. Use the Enter AR Beginning Balances program to enter the open invoice numbers and amounts into the system. For each invoice, the program will create an accounts receivable invoice in the Invoice Header file using the company name, invoice number, payment terms, amount and currency that you specify. This invoice is identified with a type of BB (beginning balance) and it is not posted to the general ledger system.
4. Once all open invoices from the old system have been input, run an Accounts Receivable Aging on the new system and compare it to the final aging from the old system. If the two reports are in agreement, file them for future use (as verification of the system conversion). If there are differences between the two reports, the differences should be identified and resolved before processing any transactions.
5. Match the beginning AR sub-ledger balance (open invoices) to the beginning balance in the general ledger AR control account. No accounts receivable transactions should be processed, until these two amounts are in agreement. File a copy of the beginning aging and beginning trial balance to substantiate the balance sheet balance and for verifying that the conversion was properly handled.