The Cash Application program is used to apply customer payments to open invoices. The program is used to process cash, check, credit card, wire transfer and other payments from your customers. The Cash Application program has the following important characteristics
• The Cash Application program can be used to apply the payment from one customer to the invoices for the same customer, and it can also be used to apply a check from one company to invoices for multiple different companies.
• The Cash Application program can be used to manually apply payments to open invoices, and it can also be used to process payment transactions automatically, using data provided by the customer.
• The Cash Application program allows you to apply payments to open invoices and it can also be used to create overpayment, prepayment and debit memo invoices to track under or overapplied customer payment amounts.
• The Cash Application program allows you to write off small invoice balances to the general ledger during payment entry.
• The Cash Application program allows you to view any existing comment or image information for the invoices being processed, and it also allows you to add AR Comments (collection notes), other comments and images to invoices and customer check records during processing.