The Cost of Sales report produces a report of the sales activity for a range of invoice numbers and dates. The Cost of Sales report outputs detailed pricing and cost information for each invoice included on the report. The Cost of Sales report can be used to validate the postings to cost of sales resulting from invoice activity and it can also be used to audit or review the margins for the invoices which are generated on the system.
Selection Options: The Cost of Sales report includes the following selection options.
• Invoice Number Range: Includes only the invoices with invoice numbers in the selected invoice number range.
• Invoice Date Range: Includes only the invoices with invoice dates in the selected invoice date range.
• Sales Rep Range: Includes only the invoices generated for the sales reps specified.
• Print Only: The Print Only option allows you to include only credit memos (negative invoices) or invoices (positive invoices) on the report. The report defaults to include all invoices regardless of amount.
• Cost Basis: The cost to be output for each invoice line. This option defaults to the actual cost that is recorded in each invoice line, but the report can also be produced using Commission Cost, Current Cost, Next Cost, Standard Cost or Average Cost.
The following section displays a sample of the output produced by the Cost of Sales Report. This sample is based on the default List and Label Template for the report that is provided by Cove Systems. Please note that the report output and selection information can also be customized using the Advanced Reporting Options and the Design report options that are available in the system