This procedure can be used to edit an existing Bill of Materials. Please note: The system allows you to maintain multiple BOM revisions for each of the top level items that you assemble in house. If you need to modify a BOM because of a change in the components used in the BOM, you may want to create a new BOM revision for the item instead of modifying the existing record. This allows you to preserve the original information in the BOM for historical purposes. This procedure for adding comment or text information to a Bill of Material is presented in a later section of this document.
1. Select the Bill of Materials Management program from the Shop Floor Menu.
2. Locate and select (highlight) the Bill of Materials that you wish to update or edit.
3. If you need to update the Bill of Materials Header record, you may use the Zoom option to activate the Bill of Materials Detail Panel and load the selected record into the panel for editing. Once you have made any required changes to the record, you may use the Save option to save the changes and return to the Bill of Materials Management program.
4. If you need to update the components or quantities for the selected BOM, you may use the Expand option to activate the Bill of Materials Line Lookup.
5. If you need to completely delete a bill of materials line item from the selected BOM, you may do so by using the Expand option to access the Bill of Materials Line Lookup, and then using the Zoom option to access the Bill of Materials Line Detail Panel. Once the line item is displayed in the Bill of Materials Line Detail Panel, you may delete the line by pressing the Delete button that is located in the panel.