This section describes some of the major features that are included in the StreamV Order Processing System.
• On-line, Real Time Order Entry: Complete customer and inventory information is displayed during order line item entry. The inventory information includes on hand, reserved and on order quantities, as well as the descriptive information and special pricing information for each item. Customer information includes the customer status, credit limit, terms, special pricing, comment and other information.
• Fast, Efficient and Flexible Order Entry Program: The Order Entry program allows you to access comprehensive information about each customer and item during the order entry process, and it allows you to quickly create orders using any of several different line entry options.
• XML and Web Order Entry Options: The Order Processing system provides standard programs that can be used for importing and processing customer orders that are received electronically.
• On Line Order Audit: The system checks the customer credit limit, terms, pricing and other order information as each order is created or edited. Orders that should not be processed are automatically placed on hold. See the documentation for the Holds Management system for more information about sales order audit and hold processing.
• Automatic Inventory Reservation and Allocation: The Order Processing system will automatically reserve and allocate your available inventory and assign it to the orders that are waiting for shipment. Advanced options and a Manual Allocation routine also allow you to handle scarce items, customer who require safety stock, and other special situations.
• Kit Item Processing: Kits are used to handle items that are assembled on the fly from common components. Kits allow the component quantities to be committed only when there is enough stock (for all required components), to ship out the top level part. StreamV automatically reserves and allocates components for kit items, and it also allows you to view the allocation and reservation information and detail for each component or kit.
• Vendor Shipment Processing: Orders for items to be shipped directly from your vendors to your customers can be processed quickly and efficiently. PO Requisitions are automatically created for the sales order line items to be shipped directly by the vendor, and these PO requisitions can be converted to purchase orders. The Vendor purchase orders automatically carry over the customer shipping information from the sales order, and they are used to invoice the customer once the vendor has shipped the items.
• Broker Item Processing: The Broker Item option is used to process items that you purchase only one time or very infrequently. The option is used for items you do not wish to set up as a unique items in the inventory control system. The Broker Item option allows you to enter a vendor shipment sales order for a specific item to be shipped to your customer. The Broker item option allows you to use a generic item number and to specify the actual Vendor, Manufacturer, and Descriptive information about the item in the broker line. This information is passed to the purchasing system and used to order the item from the vendor, and to invoice the item to the customer.
• Special Order Processing: When a sales order line is flagged as special order, the system does not allocate inventory from stock. It creates a po requisition line for the item being ordered by the customer. The PO Requisition is linked to the special order sales order line and it is converted to a PO that is used to obtain the item from the vendor. The PO is then received in one of your warehouse locations and shipped out to the customer. Special Orders are used for items wish you do not wish to order, unless you have a specific sales order for it. The sales order and po are linked so that the sales order cannot be cancelled once the PO has been issued.
• Warranty Item processing: The StreamV Order Processing System allows you to set up Warranty Items for specific inventory items. These Warranty Items are automatically displayed when an order line is created for the main item so that the operator can view and select from the warranty options that are available. If a Warranty item is selected, the system automatically creates a new sales order line for the warranty item and it prompts the operator to enter any information required for the warranty sale.
• Related Item Processing: The StreamV Order Processing System allows you to set up Warranty Items for specific inventory items. These Warranty Items are automatically displayed when an order line is created for the main item so that the operator can view and select from the warranty options that are available. If a Warranty item is selected, the system automatically creates a new sales order line for the warranty item and it prompts the operator to enter any information required for the warranty sale.
• Special Pricing: The Order Processing system automatically calculates the best price to be charged for each customer and item combination, based on the customer, inventory and special pricing information that has been entered into the system. Multiple different pricing options are supported by the system. These options, which include customer and inventory price level, sale pricing, contract pricing, buying group pricing, rebate processing, and quantity pricing are described in more detail in the documentation for the Special Pricing system.
• Order Entry Comments: A Special Order Comment can be created for each customer and if present, it is displayed whenever an order is started for the company. This comment is used to store information specific to orders being placed by that company. This comment is only displayed to the order entry operator and is not stored with the order.
• Company Comments: When an order is started the system checks if there is a stored comment specific to the company that should be attached to all orders for the company. If the comment is present, the text can be displayed from Order Entry, and it will automatically be printed by the Order Confirmation print routines.
• Company-Item Comments: When an order is started the system checks if there is a stored comment specific to the company that should be attached to all orders for the company. Note: This comment is setup using the Company/Comment Master off the menu. When the operator selects and an item, in the process of moving to the price/quantity box, the system checks if there is a Company-Item comment for the current customer/item combination. If there is, the comment is displayed. The operator may elect to attach the comment to the order (or edit it too) by pressing the SAVE key, or pressing ESCAPE to not attach the order. This display only comes up when the item is being added to the order, not during editing.
• Change Tracking: Data Change history records are created to record changes to each order. These change records can be viewed using the Order Lookups. Change history is also created when Master records (such as customers, items or vendors, and edited).
• Order Attributes: The StreamV System allows you to define and store custom lists of attributes or characteristics that you wish to record. Attributes can be associated with Orders, Order Lines, Items, and Serial records. Attributes allow you to record, access and print order or item specific information that is not stored in dedicated data fields in the items or orders being processed. Attributes are stored in Transaction data records that are automatically linked to the order document or other data record that they are associated with. Examples of how attributes might be used include a distributor that sells and services vehicles, and needs to track vehicle speific information such as the VIN number, engine type, engine model, transmission, body style, and mileage for each car.. Attribute information can be defined based on item models or specific item numbers, and this information can be used to prompt the operator to enter the required data during order entry. The attribute data then is carried thru the system (the order attributes can be accessed from the invoice and information can be printed on order and invoice print routines).