When the Catalog Prompt Button (to the far right of the item description field in the main section of the Item Demand program), is pressed. The system activates the Catlog Detail panel and it loads the panel with the Catalog record associated with the selected Inventory record.
The Catalog Detail Panel allows you to view and edit existing Catalog records (based on your security settings and the Inventory Normalization logic being used on your system). The Catalog Detail Panel also allows you to view and in some cases edit other information that is associated with the selected Catalog record. The Catalog Detail Panel does not allow you to create a new catalog record. New Catalog records should be created using the Catalog Manager program.
The tasks that you can perform using the Catalog Detail Panel Include.
• Viewing and Editing an existing Catalog Record.
• Viewing or editing Comments or Text Notes for the Catalog record. Both user and Standard Comments (which are automatically used by the system during processing) can be viewed or edited using the Comments Tab Page in the Catalog Detail Panel.
• Viewing and Editing the Inventory records for the selected Catalog record. The Warehouses Button in the Catalog Detail Panel displays the Inventory records that have been created for the selected Catalog record and the quantities from each Inventory Item. The program also allows you to edit the displayed Inventory records.
• Viewing and Editing the Bills of Materials for the selected Catalog record.
• Viewing and editing the Customer Cross Reference Item Numbers for the Catalog record.
• Viewing and Editing the QVL records for the Catalog record.
• Viewing the Purchasing History for the selected Catalog record.
• Viewing other information associated with the Catalog record or the Inventory Items for the Catalog record. The Warehouses Button in the Catalog Detail Panel activates the Warehouse Lookup program. The Warehouse Lookup Program displays the Inventory records for the selected Catalog record and it also allows you to view the Inventory Activity, Bin Details, Warehouse or Bin Transaction History, and the Bills of Material associated with each item.
The Catalog Detail program is part of the Product Management (PM) System and it is completely described in the documentation for that system. You may access more information about the Catalog Detail Panel by activating the program and using the Help key to display the primary documentation for the program.