This section describes how to correct accounts receivable invoices that are created with errors.
Invoice Corrections may be required due to a variety of reasons, which include.
• Items were shipped and invoiced to the wrong customer
• Items were shipped and invoiced using wrong price
• Items shipped and invoice was issued for wrong quantity
• Invoice contains wrong shipping amount
• Invoice created using wrong sales tax information
Invoice corrections are normally accomplished by partially or completely crediting the original invoice (to cancel it out) then creating a new invoice to replace the original incorrect invoice.
In some cases, other options, such as AR Invoice Adjustment, creating an adjusting invoice (instead of a credit and replacement invoice), may be used to correct the error.
The following sections briefly descrbe how each type of invoice error can be corrected in StreamV. Please see the procedures secions of this document For more detailed information on how to process each type of invoice correction.