1. Select the Account Setup view from the General Ledger Pull-down menu.
2. Find and select the general ledger account that you wish to create account period records for.
3. Press the Create Account Period Records button and accept or override the default division, department and year shown in the prompt. The division, department and year shown in the program default based on the operator using the program but these default values may be changed as required.
4. Press OK to create the specified account period records.
5. Change the displayed data as required and press the OK button again to create additional account period records for the account, or press cancel if you are finished creating account period records for the account.
6. Verify that the account period records were created (optional) – If you would like to verify that the account period records exist for the account you can do this using the Account Inquiry program (select the appropriate year, div, dpt, account, and subacct to display the account period records for the account), or by printing an Account Description report (this report has a selection that enables you to list the period records that have been set up for each account).