The Item Cross Reference Lookup program is a browse based program that allows you to display and locate the Cross Reference records for a specific Catalog item number using any of several different display and search sequences. A different system parameter file is used for each display sequence to allow you to display different data fields from the Cross Reference record based on the display sequence being used. Each of these parameter or browse par files can be customized as required, but the first field in each par file is normally set to the primary field used by that display sequence (to indicate how the records are being displayed). An option also allows you to set the default display index for the program by operator.
The display sequences that are available in the Cross Reference Lookup program include.
• ItemNo: The records in the Cross Reference file are sequenced or sorted based on your internal item number. The program will only display the records for the Catalog Item that is selected when the program is activated.
• Company: The Cross Reference records are sorted based on the Company Name (the customer, vendor, buying group, or manufacturer). The “Alternate Item Numbers” Company is a reserved entity name that is used to identify Alternate Internal Item numbers. The program will only display the records for the Catalog Item that is selected when the program is activated.
• Alternate Item Number: The records in the Cross Reference file are sorted based on the alternate item number specified for the Customer, Vendor, Buying Group, Manufacturer or the Alternate Item Numbers entity. The program will only display the records for the Catalog Item that is selected when the program is activated.
Selecting the Display Sequence
You may select the display and search sequence to be used by the Item Cross Reference Lookup program using one of the following two methods.
• You may use the Sort Button on the Cove Standard Toolbar to display and select from the options listed on the Sort menu.
• You may click on one of the column headers displayed in the program – this action will also display the sort menu and you may select the desired display sequence from the options listed on the Sort menu.
Setting the Default Display Sequence
You may set the default display sequence to be used by the Cross Reference Lookup when you activate it (for your user id), by pressing the Sort Button on the Cove Standard Toolbar or by clicking one of the column headers in the Cross Reference Lookup program. Both of these actions will display the sort menu. Once the Sort menu is displayed, you should confirm that you have selected the index that you wish to use as the default index for the program and (or select it if it is not already selected).
You may then make the current index your default index by selecting the Use as Default Index option.