This section describes the procedures which should be followed in order to correct Purchase Order and or Inventory Receiving errors of various types. The following types of Purchasing variances or errors are discussed in this document
• PO Price Variance – Item is received at incorrect price.
• PO Price Variance – Wrong Currency – Item is received at an incorrect price due to using the wrong currency on the purchase order.
• PO Quantity Variance – The quantity received into the system is lower or higher than the amount of the item that was actually physically received and billed for by the vendor.
• Vendor Invoice is Incorrect (purchase order and receiving information is ok, but invoice does not match PO due to vendor billing error).
• Incorrect Item received into system
• Incorrect serial numbers input into system during receiving.