The Invoice Register produces a listing of the invoices that were entered into the system during the selected date range. The report can be used to determine the total amount of accounts receivable invoices generated during a period of time and it is also used to audit the information in each invoice. As the invoice register runs, it compares the activity in each invoice header selected by the report to the journal entry detail associated with the invoice, and it automatically outputs an error if there is a discrepancy between the totals. The Invoice Register report is also used to audit other information in each invoice. The report checks that the invoice is in balance, that the items included on the invoice are assigned to valid product lines, and that the sales tax total in the invoice header matches the invoice line item total plus any tax on the shipping amount of the invoice.
The Invoice register can be used to audit the activity in the accounts receivable sub ledger and to document the total increase to accounts receivable due to the creation of new sales invoices.
Selection Options: The Invoice Register report includes the following selection options.
• Invoice Number Range: Includes only the invoices with invoice numbers that are in the selected invoice number range.
• Invoice Date Range: Includes only the accounts receivable invoices with invoice dates that are in the selected invoice date range.
• Sales Rep Range: Includes only the invoices that were entered for sales reps in the selected sales rep range.
• Invoice Sub-Type: Selects only the invoices that were created with the selected Invoice Subtype. The prompt button to the right of the selection can be used to display and select from a list of the valid invoice subtypes that have been set up on your system.
• Audit GL Posting Information: If this option is selected, the report will check each invoice to make sure the information used to post the invoice to the general ledger is present and that the invoice is in balance. This option was used to audit invoices prior to posting, when sales were posted in batches. If sales are being posted online (the normal situation in StreamV), then the system posts each invoice as it is created and this option is an after the fact check.
• Audit Payment History: The Audit Payment History option will cause the report to compare the original and current balance of each invoice included on the report to the general ledger activity which has been recorded for the invoice. If the invoice and the GL activity for the invoice are not in agreement, the report automatically produces an error message and outputs the payment detail for the invoice to let you know that there is a problem. This option is selected by default.
• Only Output Errors: If the Only Output Errors option is selected, the report will print only the totals for the selected invoices instead of listing each invoice amount. If any of the invoices selected on the report has any errors (GL Posting or Activity), the report will output the error information,
The following section displays a sample of the output produced by the Invoice Register Report. This sample is based on the default List and Label Template for the report that is provided by Cove Systems. Please note that the report output and selection information can also be customized using the Advanced Reporting Options and the Design report options that are available in the system