StreamV allows you to create and store optional Item Cross Reference Information in the system. This Cross Reference Information is maintained in the Cross Reference or CROSSREF file (File 79). The records in the Cross Reference file are used to associate your in-house or internal item numbers to the part numbers that are used by the companies that you do business with. Each Cross Reference record stores your internal item number, an alternate item number, an alternate item description, an entity name and a type field that is used to identify the cross reference record type.
Cross Reference records can be used to simply lookup an item number based on the item number provided by a vendor or customer and they can also be used during transaction processing. Options in the Sales Order Entry and the Purchase Order Entry allow you to view the Cross Reference records in the system and to select the item to be added to an order using the Alternate Item number (customer, vendor, buying group, or internal alternate item number in the records).
The following types of Cross Reference records are supported in the system.
• Customer Item Numbers (C). Customer Cross Reference records are assigned a type of C, and they are used to associate one internal item number to the item number that is used by a specific customer for the same product. The Sales Order Entry program allows you
• Buying Group Item Numbers (B). Buying Group Cross Reference records are assigned a type of B, and they are used to associate one internal item number to the item number that is used by a group of customers (a buying group) for the same product.
• Vendor Item Numbers (V). Customer Cross Reference records are assigned a type of C, and they are used to associate one internal item number to the item number that is used by a specific customer for the same product.
• Alternate Item Numbers (A). Alternate Item Numbers (A) allow you to identify alternate or replacement items for a primary item number.
• SKU Conversion (S). Type S Cross Reference records are used to process quantity conversion transactions between items that you maintain in different units of measure. They allow you to convert case quantities for an item to each quantities or rolls of cable to feet of cable.
• Manufacturer Item Numbers (M). Manufacturer Cross Reference Information was supported in earlier versions of the system, but Manufacturer Item Number indexes have been added to the Catalog and Inventory files since then, making this option obsolete.
Once Cross Reference records have been defined for a specific customer or vendor and item combination, the system allows you search for and locate a specific item using the customer, vendor or other cross reference number.