This section provides an overview of the StreamV Order Fulfillment System (OF). The StreamV Order Fulfillment System is used to pick, pack, invoice, and manifest the goods that you send out to your customers from your warehouse locations.
The Order Fulfillment System also includes programs that are used by various applications in the system to create non-shipment related invoice documents when required.
The Order Fulfillment System is an on-line, real time system that is fully integrated with the Product and Warehouse Management, Accounts Receivable, Serialized Inventory, Return Authorization, and other StreamV Systems.
The primary tasks that are performed in the Order Fulfillment System are listed below. Each of these tasks is also described in more detail in the following sections.
• Producing Picklists: The Picklist Managerment program is used to produce picklists for the goods that need to be shipped from your warehouse locations. The Picklist Management program allows you to easily identify the customer sales order and “loaner” orders that are ready for shipment, and to produce picklist documents – which are used when pulling the appropriate items from your warehouse locations.
• Verifying picked items: Checking the items that have been pulled from stock for each picklist. An order verification program allows you to scan the items being pulled for each order and to verify that the items and quantities being picked match the items to be shipped out for the order being processed. This option can reduce errors in environments where a large number of orders are being processed.
• Creating Invoice and Shipper Documents: The Order Fulfillment System is used to invoice or complete customer sales orders and loaner orders (loaners orders are used to ship goods to customers at no charge for test and evaluation purposes). As each sales or loaner order document is processed, the system automatically creates the appropriate invoice document and it posts the document (if appropriate) to the general ledger. Packing lists and or invoice documents for the shipment are printed automatically as each invoice is saved.
• Recording Serial Number Information: Trapping the serial numbers of the serialized items being shipped out against each order. As each order is being processed in the Order Completion program, the system forces the operator to identify the serial numbers of each serialized item being processed. The Serialization programs automatically verify that the serial numbers being input are valid (i.e. in stock and in the correct warehouse). The system also verifies that the correct number of serial numbers have been input for each line being processed. As each order is completed or invoiced, the system updates the serial records with the information from the invoice being processed and it creates “Serial History” records to record the transaction history for each serialized item.
• Recording Manifest Information: Recording the Shipping Information associated with each shipment. The StreamV Order Completion program automatically calls the appropriate manifesting programs when a shipping method such as UPS, FedEx or Airborne is being used for the shipment and the automated manifesting systems have been installed. The shipping systems automatically produce the manifest records and labels or other documents for the shipment and they update the invoice document with the shipping charges and costs associated with the shipment.