The rebate and special pricing records in the special pricing file contain several fields that store quantities. These fields include.
• QTY: The quantity field in each special pricing or rebate record is used to store the minimum quantity that must be ordered by the customer to qualify for the rebate or special price. This field is used along with the information from the sales order line being processed when the system calculates the target price for an item or when a standby special pricing record or rebate is selected manually by the operator.
• MAX_QTY: The maximum quantity field is used to store the maximum quantity that can be processed for the special price or rebate. The maximum quantity field is also used to control the quantity of orders that can be processed using the special price or rebate. The maximum quantity is optional. If the maximum quantity is specified, the system will only allow you to enter orders for the special price or the rebate up to the maximum quantity defined in the special pricing record.
• TARGET_QTY: The target quantity field is used to store the target quantity for the special price or rebate. The Target quantity field is optional and is used to identify special pricing or rebate records which have a quantity limit or target.
There are also 2 quantity fields that are maintained in each special pricing or rebate record that are used to track the usage for each special pricing record.
• ORDERED_QTY: The ordered quantity is used to track the total quantity of orders that have been processed using the special price or rebate (the total quantity of the sales orders, quotes, and loaners that have been entered using the special price or rebate.
• INVOICED_QTY: The invoiced quantity is used to track the total quantity invoiced for the special price or the rebate record. This quantity is updated by the Invoicing programs based on the quantity of invoice lines which are generated using the special price or rebate. The invoiced quantity is updated when a type S order is invoiced, when a vendor shipment is processed, or when an invoice is created from the Pending system. The quantity invoiced is not updated when a loaner or type L sales order line is completed as a sale does not take place when a shipper or loaner invoice is created.