Sales Orders can be completed only when
• The items on the order are partially or fully allocated (the partial flag in the order is checked to determine if partial shipments can be processed). If the item is being shipped directly by the vendor, a PO must be created for the items before the order can be invoiced to the customer. If the order contains special order lines, the po lines for the special order lines must be received into the warehouse.
• The order is scheduled for shipment (the system uses a scheduling window for each item and a picklist window to determine how far in advance each item should be allocated to sales orders, and how far in advance picklists should be produced for the orders that are ready to be shipped out. The Scheduling window applies to Warehouse Shipments and Special Order Shipments only.
• All holds for the order have been cleared. The system will not let you produce a picklist for a sales order if there are any open holds for the order.
Sales Orders are Completed by creating an Invoice for the items shipped to your customer. The method in which the invoice is created depends on the fulfillment method(s) being used for each order.
• Warehouse Shipments and Special Order lines are completed by using the Picklist Management program to produce a picklist for the items being shipped out. The items are picked, packed and invoiced to the customer using the Order Invoicing program.
• Vendor Shipments (including Broker Item Shipments) are completed by selecting the Purchase Order(s) associated with the sales order and using the Invoice Vendor Shipment Option (part of the PO Management System), to identify and invoice the customer for the items shipped by the vendor.