The Deposit Button is used to actually process the selected deposit. When the deposit button is pressed, the system does the following.
• The total amount of the batch in local currency is removed from the selected cash clearing account and deposited into the selected deposit account.
• The AR Check Records in the Batch are updated with a unique deposit number.
• An AR Summary Deposit Record is created in the Bank File to record the total amount of the deposit. The Summary Deposit record in the Bank file has a reference number that is the same as the deposit number used to update the customer check records.
• A deposit report is output showing the journal entry used to post the transaction and the deposit number assigned by the system.
• The batch that was just deposited is cleared from the program.