The process for entering a New Sales Order is relatively straightforward and it consists of the following basic steps. Some of these steps can be skipped depending on your business model and the options or features you are using.
• Use the Customer Management or the Customer Manager program to locate the customer for whom the order is to be entered. If the customer does not exist, the customer should be created.
• Select the New Order or New Order/Quote Button. This action activates the Sales Order Entry program and it loads the program with the selected customer. The system will also display any Order Entry comments that have been created for the customer at this point. You may clear the Order Entry notes by clicking the OK button in the object displaying the comments.
• Verify or change the order type. The Order Type displayed in the Sales Order Entry program will be loaded automatically based on the default order type defined for each customer. The Order Type should be set to S (Sales Order), when a sales order is being processed.
• Verify or Change the ShipTo Information to be used for the order. The StreamV Order Processing system allows you to define numerous ShipTo addresses for each customer, and to identify one of the ShipTo addresses as a default. If a default ShipTo address has been defined for the customer, the default address is loaded into the order entry program automatically. The ShipTo address to be used for each order can be changed, and a new ShipTo address can also be created from within the order entry program if required.
• Verify or change the other information that is common to the whole order. You should input the customer PO and any other required information, and verify or change the default terms, shipping method, contact information and other information that is common to the entire order.
• Verify or Change the Partial or BO flag settings. The Sales Order Entry program will set the Partial flag and the Backorder flag in the order based on the customer being processed. The Partial flag determines if partial shipments can be sent to the customer (Y) or not (N). The Backorder flag is used to default the backorder handling for each line item on the order. Y indicates that the item can be backordered, N indicates that the system should cancel any remaining open qty in the line once a shipment has been sent for it. Each Inventory Item also contains a backorder flag and if the Backorder flag in the item is set to N, it will override the setting in the sales order line.
• Verify or Change the Fulfillment method default flags. The default fulfillment method for an order is to ship the items from one of your warehouse locations. If the order being entered should be vendor shipped, or special ordered, you should change the Vendor Shipment or Special Order Line Default flag in the order header. This will cause the line items in the sales order to default to the selected fulfillment method. Only one flag may be set to Y.
• Enter the items and quantities to be shipped to the customer. Once the header information for the current order has been entered, you may select the Order Lines Tab in the Sales Order Entry program and use the insert key to activate the Order Entry Item Panel. The Order Entry Item panel allows you to select and enter the items and quantities being ordered by the customer, and it automatically calculates the price to be charged for each order line (pricing can also be manually specified when required – based on security).
• Save the Sales Order.