The Image, Sellwith Button can be used to display the Image, Sellwith Tab Page. The Image, Sellwith Tab Page allows you to view the main image (picture or document) associated with the current POS item. The Tab Page also displays any items that are normally sold with the POS item and any warranty items that have been set up for the POS item. The Image, Sellwith Tab Page is displayed automatically after an item is selected, so that you can view the image and ask the customer if they are interested in the Sellwith or Warranty items that are idenftified for the current item being purchased. The Image that is displayed is the main or first image for the item. Additional images (if present) can be viewed using the More Images Button on the Item Detail Tab Page.
The Image Section in the Image, Sellwith Tab Page is used to display an image or photo of the item that is currently selected in the Point of Sale program.
SellWith Item Section
The SellWith Item section of the Image, Sellwith Tab Page displays any SellWith Items that have been defined for the item currently selected in the POS program. Sellwith Items are associated with the Main item using the Catalog Manager program – which allows you to ID sellwith items for each Catalog record in your system. If you select a Sellwith Item from this section of the program – using the mouse, the item will be added to the current POS sale or return.
Warranty Item Section
The Warranty Item Section displays any Warranty Items that have been entered into the system for the current POS item. Warranty items are associated with the Main item using the Catalog Manager program, which allows you to define one or multiple warranty items for each Catalog Item. If you select a Warranty item from this section of the program – using the mouse, the warranty item will be added to the current POS sale or return.
Item Detail Button
The Item Detail Button can be used to select and display the Item Detail Tab Page in the Point of Sale program.
The Item Detail Tab Page
• Displays basic information about the item that is currently selected in the POS program. The Tab page contains a section which displays information from the inventory record for the POS item.
• Allows you to access the Catalog Lookup program. The Catalog Lookup program can be used to displays all of the records in the Catalog file (this is the master list of items set up on the system). The Catalog Lookup can also be used to display detailed information from each Catalog record, and to display any warehouse or item records which exist for the Catalog Item (including the current reserved and on hand quantity for each item).
• The Item Detail Tab page also also contains button options that allow you to access the Catalog Lookup program and to display any images or documents that have been created for the item that is selected in the POS program.
Item Information Section
The Item Information section in the Item Detail Tab Page displays details from the inventory record for the item that is selected in the POS program.
The inventory information that is displayed for the selected item includes the current warehouse location, item number, item desciption, manufacturer item number and the current on hand and reserved quantities for the item. This information may not be modified from within the POS program.
The Catalog Button can be used to activate the Catalog Lookup program. The Catalog Lookup program displays the Catalog records that have been entered into your system, and it allows you to access the Catalog and Warehouse details for each record.
More Images Button
The More Images Button activates the Images Lookup program, which can be used to view all of the Image records (pictures, documents) that have been associated with the selected item.
CCTran Lookup Button
The CCTran Lookup button activates the Credit Card Transaction Lookup program, which displays all of the Credit Card Transactions that have been processed in the system. This option is only available to Sysops or System Level operators.
The SKU Window can be used to select the item number to be sold or returned in the POS program. If you are entering the item being sold or returned using a barcode reader, the item number is automatically entered into the window when you scan the item. You may also type an item number into the window manually and press the ENTER key to enter an item without a barcode reader. The system will display an “Item not found” error if there is no item with a number matching the information that was entered into the window.
Inventory Lookup Button
The Inventory Lookup Button can be used to select the item number to be processed in the POS program. When the Inventory Lookup Button is pressed, the system displays the Inventory Lookup program. The Inventory Lookup program displays the inventory items that are present in your default POS location and it allows you to display and search for a specific item number using the several different display and search sequences that are available in the program. Once you have located the item number to be added to the POS sale or return being processed, you may select the item using the Select Button that is located in the Inventory Lookup program, or you may double click the item. These actions will return the item to the POS program. If the selected item is a serialized item, the system will also prompt you for the serial number being sold or returned as the item is selected. If a valid serial number is entered, the item is added to the Invoice Detail section in the POS program. If no valid serial number is entered, the system will not add the item to the POS invoice.
Invoice Detail Section
The Invoice Detail Section of the POS Program is located under the SKU: Window and the Lookup Button.
The Invoice Detail Section contains a grid object, which displays the line items for the POS sale or return being processed, and some total windows which display the line item subtotal, tax, and sale or return totals for the current transaction. The information displayed for each line item in the line item “grid” includes the quantity being processed, the item number, the item description, the item price and extended price, the taxable flag for each item, and the amount of tax being charged for the line. The POS sale or return totals are updated when a line item is added or removed from the line item section, or the quantity or price of a line item is changed. The totals are also updated when the tax information for the POS transaction is changed.
Pay Button / Net Button
The Pay Button is used to enter the payment information for the POS transaction being processed. If the Payment Terms being used on the POS transaction are “NET” terms, the label on the Pay Button will automatically change to Net Terms to indicate that no payment is required.
Pay Button – COD Terms
When a sale or return is processed in the POS program for a COD customer (including the Cash Sale customer), the Pay Button is used to enter the payment or refund information for the current sale or refund. You may not complete a POS invoice or credit for a COD customer without entering payment or refund information. When you click the Pay Button, the Point of Sale Program
The Keypad section of the Point of Sale Program can be used to perform several functions which include those listed below. The Buttons located in the Keypad section of the POS program can be selected using a Touchscreen or by using the mouse.
• Enter sales for the CashItem (a generic “nonstock” item). The CashItem Inventory Item can be used to record sales for items not tracked in inventory). You can automatically create a line item for this item by using the Number and the @ keys on the keypad. If you enter a quantity and an amount (1 @ 50 for example), the POS program will add a line item to the current pos sale or return invoice, using the quantity and price specified (qty 1 @ $50.00) in this case).
• Increase or Decrease the quantity of the selected POS line. The One More, One Less and the Enter Count Buttons can be used to increase, decrease, or specify the quantity for the current invoice line . As each line item is adjusted, the totals for the current POS sale or return are updated. Note: The Point of Sale Program requires a line item for each serialized item being sold (each serialized line is restricted to a quantity of one).
• Delete the Current POS line. The X or Delete Button allows you to remove the current POS line from the INvoice Detail section of the POS program. The Sale or Return totals are updated as the line item is removed from the program.
• Select a POS line item. The Up and Down Arrow Buttons in the Keypad section of the POS program allow you to navigate the light bar in the Line Item grid in the Invoice Detail section.
Processing a POS Invoice
Processing a POS Return
POS Payment processing