The StreamV Return Authorization system allows you to quickly create a replacement sales order for the RA being processed. The replacement sales order can be used to send replacement merchandise to a customer based on the items and quantities in the selected ra.
A Replacement sales order can be created for an RA prior to or after receiving the goods being returned by the customer on the RA. If the replacement order is created prior to receiving the customer merchandise that is being sent back to you, it is referred to as a “cross shipment”. If the replacement sales order is created after receiving the returned items from the customer, the order is treated as a replacement order. When a cross shipment replacement order is processed, the system updates the Cross Ship Quantity in each ra line with the quantity from the replacement order and it updates the Returned By and Returned On fields in the record with the operator who created the sales order and date on which the order was created. When a replacement sales order is created after receiving the returned items from the customer, the ra line Returned Quantity is updated with the quantity from the replacement sales order and the Returned By and Returned On fields in the record are updated with the operator who created the sales order and date on which the order was created.
The following procedure can be used to process a cross shipment replacement sales order.
1. Select the Returns Management program from the Return Authorization Management Menu.
2. Locate and select (highlight) the return authorization that you wish to create the replacement order for. The Ra status should be O when you are processing a cross shipment (indicating that the items being returned by the customer have not been received).
3. Press the Create Replacement Order button. When you select this option, the system activates the Location Lookup program and it loads the program with a list of the warehouse locations that have been created on your system. The Location Lookup program is used to select the warehouse location in which the new replacement order should be processed, and you should choose the appropriate warehouse location by highlighting it and using the Select button to confirm your choice.
4. Edit the Cross Shipment replacement sales order if required. Once you have selected the warehouse location for the replacement sales order, the system creates the sales order in the selected warehouse and it displays the order number that was assigned by the system. At this point, you may edit the new sales order by selecting Yes at the prompt that is displayed by the system, or you may select the No option to return to the Returns Management program without editing the new sales order. As the new sales order is saved, the Cross Shipment quantity in each of the RA lines that the sales order was created from are updated with the quantity from the sales order and the returned by and returned on fields are loaded with the operator who created the order and the date on which the order was created.
5. Process the replacement order using the normal Order Processing and Order Completion procedures. The replacement sales orders that are created by the RA system are processed using the standard order processing and invoicing/order completion programs. The replacement orders are created with the same prices used on the invoice and ra lines associated with the sales order. The Replacement order is created with a source of RA, and the ra from which the order was created is loaded into the Ref# field of the sales order. The PO field in the order is loaded with the original invoice from which the ra was created