When a vendor shipment purchase order line is highlighted in the Prepare to Invoice Vendor Shipment program and the Zoom option is selected, the system activates the PO Line Detail panel and it loads the panel with the information for the selected PO line.
The PO Line Detail Panel displays detailed information about the selected purchase order line. The PO Line Detail also allows you to
• Update the information for the selected open PO line. The PO Line Detail panel will allow you to edit some of the information in the selected purchase order line if the line status is open. The fields which you can modify in the panel include the REQ qty (this numeric field is used to store the To Receive quantity that is used during PO Receiving and Vendor Shipment processing, and the Requisition quantity that is used in the Requisition Management program). The other fields displayed in the panel that can be modified (based on your security options) include the manufacturer item number, the price, and the dates stored in the record). The system will display an error message, and not allow you to save any changes if you try to press the Save key in the panel to update a closed PO line.
• View and edit any Comments that are associated with the selected purchase order line or the associated purchase order header. The Comment Button on the Cove Standard Toolbar can be used to view and edit any existing comment records for the order line or header or to add a comment to the order line or header.
• View and edit any Image records that are associated with the selected purchase order line. The Images Button on the Cove Standard Toolbar allows you to view any existing image records that are associated with the order line and it also allows you to associate a new image record with the order line.
• Access File and Field Level Help - The Field Help Option in the PO Line Detail Panel (located on the Cove Standard Toolbar) allows you to access the Data Dictionary Field Help program which can be used to display the field definitions for each of the fields displayed in the panel.
• View any Data Change History that has been recorded for the selected order line. The Record Data Change history option – which is available using the More menu, allows you to activate the Changes Viewer program – which displays the data change history (order edit information) for the order line.
Please note: You may display the field definitions for each of the database fields displayed in the PO Line Detail panel by using the Help Button that is located on the Cove Standard Toolbar to access the Data Dictionary Field Help program.
The PO Line Detail Panel is completely described in another section of this document. You may obtain more information about the program by activating it and using the Help key to display the primary help documentation for the program.