This section describes how to create an IFT purchase order using the StreamV Purchase Order Entry program.
1. Select the Purchase Order Entry program from the menu
2. Select the Interfacility Transfer Vendor. The prompt buttons that are located next to the Vendor name and account fields can be used to activate the Vendor Lookup program. The Vendor Account Lookup program displays a list of the vendors that have been entered into your system and it can be used to locate and select the appropriate vendor for the purchase order being processed.
3. Select the Shipping Tab Page in the Purchase Order Entry program. The Shipping Tab page displays the Ship to address, shipping method and shipping terms to be used for the purchase order. If you are processing an IFT purchase order, you should use the Warehouse Addresses button to select the appropriate IFT Shipto address for the purchase order being processed. The IFT Shipto address should have the physical address of the warehouse where the goods are being transferred entered into the address fields of the record, and the location code of the destination warehouse in the DEFAULT LOC field of the Shipto record.
4. Select the Source Location for the transfer in the Ship Order From field in the Shipping Tab Page. When the IFT vendor is selected in the Purchase Order Entry program, the Ship Order From window will be accessible. This window determines the warehouse in which the Sales Order for the IFT being processed will be created.
5. Enter the items and quantities to be transferred on the purchase order and save the PO.
6. As the IFT Purchase Order is saved, the system updates the on order quantities for the items in the destination warehouse. The system also creates an outbound sales order (a shipper) in the source warehouse and it reserves and allocates the items and quantities to be transferred in the source warehouse. The IFT sales order goes through the normal hold and other warehouse processing in the source warehouse.
7. As the IFT sales order is invoiced and the goods are physically removed from the source warehouse, the system closes out the IFT sales order and it creates records in the Pending file to track the shipment while it is in transit.
Locate and select the IFT Vendor which has been created for the location from which the goods are to be shipped (the name of the vendor record should indicate the location from which the goods will be shipped). You may locate the appropriate vendor record using one of the display and search sequences available in the Vendor Selector program. Once you have located the correct vendor, you may select the record by first highlighting (placing the light bar on) the record and then pressing the ENTER key. Once you press the ENTER key, the system will load the vendor into the Vendor field of the Purchase Order Entry program and it will display the Ship to Address Selector program. The Ship To Address Selector program will display all of the IFT Ship To records which have been set up on your system.
Select the IFT Ship To record which has been set up for the destination location. The Shipto record you use should contain the address of the location to which the goods are to be shipped. You may locate the appropriate Ship to address record using one of the display and search sequences available in the Ship To Address Selector program. Once you have located the correct record, you may select the record by highlighting it and pressing the ENTER key.
Make sure that the destination location for the transfer is entered into the LOC field of the Purchase Order Header screen. The location should correspond with the Ship To record selected in the previous step. The Location in the Purchase Order Entry program will default based on the default location of the operator. If this location is not the correct destination location, you should change the location before entering the line items for the PO. From the Ship To field of the PO Header screen you may access the LOC field by pressing the BACKFIELD key. Once you have entered the correct location into the LOC field you may press the ENTER key to move back to the Ship To field of the program.
Review the other information displayed on the Purchase Order Header screen and make any necessary changes.
Press the USER key to display the Purchase Order Line Item screen and input the items and quantities to be transferred. As you enter each item, the price of the item will default based on how the purchasing system has been configured by your system administrator. You should not need to edit the PO price for IFT transactions as the system will replace the price entered on IFT purchase orders during receiving. The price used during receiving for IFT purchase orders is the cost of the item in the source location at the time the item is shipped from the source location.
Save the PO. - Once you have entered the appropriate information into the PO Entry program, you may save the PO by pressing the SAVE key. As the PO is being saved, the system will automatically create a sales order in the shipping facility for the items on the PO. The Purchase Order number of the IFT PO will be written into the PO field of the sales order to tie the two records to each other. The items on the sales order will be processed through the shipping facility as a Type "L" sales order. Note: Once you have saved an IFT PO, you should NOT edit the purchase order unless absolutely necessary. This is because the system will create a new sales order in the source location each time an IFT PO is saved. If you do need to edit an IFT PO, you MUST follow the editing procedures listed later in this document to avoid duplicating the transfer.