The Serial Number List is used to input, validate, and display the serial numbers that are associated with the transaction line being processed. The Serial Number list allows you to input the required serial numbers using several different methods. Serial numbers can be entered manually (using the keyboard), entered using a scanner, entered automatically (using an Autofill option that increments the serial numbers), or they can be imported from a line delimited ASCII file.
The Serial Number List is called or used by several different applications in the StreamV system, which include the following.
• Purchase Order Receiving – The Serial Number List is used to input the serial numbers for the serialized items that are being received into stock. The serial numbers for the items being received may not exist (they are being received for the first time) or they may exist in the system already (when an item is being transferred between inventory locations using the IFT or Inter-Facility Transfer System).
• Order Completion/Invoicing – The Serial Number List is used to input the serial records associated with the current invoice or credit memo.
• Returns Processing – The Serial Number List is used to input the serial numbers of any serialized inventory items that are being returned to stock using the Return Authorization system.
• Pending Processing – The Serial Number List is used to input the serial numbers of pending items that are being invoiced to customers, or written off, or that have been returned from a vendor.
• Inventory Adjustment – The Serial Number List is used to input the serial numbers of items that are being adjusted using the Inventory Quantity Adjustment program.