This section provides an overview of the StreamV Purchasing System. The topics discussed in this section include:
• PO Document Types – Describes the different types of purchasing documents (Quotations, Requisitions, Purchase Orders) that can be created on the system.
• Stocking and Nonstocking Items – This section describes the two major types of inventory items that can be processed on the system (stocking and non-stocking items). Stock and Nonstock items are handled differently by the Purchasing programs.
• Purchasing Methods – Describes the different Pruchasing Methods that are supported by the StreamV Purchasing system. Inventory Replenishment, Vendor Shipment, Special Order Processing and Inter-Facility Transfer processing are discussed in detail.
• Buyer Assignment – Describes the logic used by the Purchasing system when it assigns the buyer for each po requisition, and how the buyer is handled by the system during manual PO entry.
• PO Pricing Logic. – Documents how the system automatically calculates the Target Cost for a particular vendor, item and quantity combination when creating requisition and purchase order lines for the vendor and item.