This section describes the Stream V General Ledger Maintenance Programs. The General Ledger Maintenance programs allow you to perform the following tasks.
• Create new General Ledger accounts
• Maintain Existing General Ledger Accounts
• Set the default General Ledger year and period used by the system.
• Restrict the general ledger years and periods that can be posted to in the system.
• Create Account Period Records for new and existing accounts
• Move the ending balance sheet balances for one year into the beginning balances for the next year.
• Post a journal entry once the cause of the original posting error is determined and corrected.
• Delete Orphan Account Period Records
Each of the GL Maintenance programs are described in more detail in the following sections.